Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Song Lyrics Thread

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This kind of thread usually does well.

    Post lyrics of your favorite songs, explain what sets the song apart for you from others, etc. etc.

    I'll start.

    Ich Will, Rammstein

    Ich will

    Ich will dass ihr mir vertraut
    Ich will dass ihr mir glaubt
    Ich will eure Blicke sp?ren
    Ich will jeden Herzschlag kontrollieren

    Ich will eure Stimmen h?ren
    Ich will die Ruhe st?ren
    Ich will dass ihr mich gut seht
    Ich will dass ihr mich versteht

    Ich will eure Phantasie
    Ich will eure Energie
    Ich will eure H?nde sehen
    Ich will in Beifall untergehen

    Seht ihr mich?
    Versteht ihr mich?
    F?hlt ihr mich?
    H?rt ihr mich?
    K?nnt ihr mich h?ren?
    Wir h?ren dich
    K?nnt ihr mich sehen?
    Wir sehen dich
    K?nnt ihr mich f?hlen?
    Wir f?hlen dich
    Ich versteh euch nicht

    Ich will

    Wir wollen dass ihr uns vertraut
    Wir wollen dass ihr uns alles glaubt
    Wir wollen eure H?nde sehen
    Wir wollen in Beifall untergehen - ja

    K?nnt ihr mich h?ren?
    Wir h?ren dich
    K?nnt ihr mich sehen?
    Wir sehen dich
    K?nnt ihr mich f?hlen?
    Wir f?hlen dich
    Ich versteh euch nicht

    K?nnt ihr uns h?ren?
    Wir h?ren euch
    K?nnt ihr uns sehen?
    Wir sehen euch
    K?nnt ihr uns f?hlen?
    Wir f?hlen euch
    Wir verstehen euch nicht


    German is a coarse, ugly language, even without the accent. Great! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] And the excellent music video that accompanies this song helps a lot, as well.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member madadman's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,558
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    March Of Mephisto by Kamelot
    First track on the album: "The Black Halo"

    ASPIRAT PRIMO FORTUNA LABORI
    ME DUCE TUTUS ERIS
    VOX POPULI VOX DEI
    AD MAIOREM GLORIAM...
    AD INFINITUM

    You know just who I am
    don't be so distant
    cause when you're lost
    I am solely there to share your grief

    Wailing your sorrow
    is only my way to comfort you
    reminders of innocent youth
    waiting for morrow you're lonely
    I name your solitude
    I speaketh the truth

    Now tell me all about you pain
    down to the detail
    don't say it's love
    your fragile heart
    your fragile heart feeds my contempt

    Wailing your sorrow
    is only my way to comfort you
    reminders of innocent youth
    waiting for morrow you're lonely
    I name your solitude
    I speaketh the truth

    Chase the heathen call
    We belong... you and I
    Unison in all you deny

    I am the thorn in youir side
    that seeks accomplishment
    reminding the mortal of death
    I am the spore of your pride
    An angel heavensent
    The master of all
    I am the urge of the flesh

    --------------

    Arguably the best song they've ever recorded. I've never heard anything like it and can't go a day without listening to it. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Link to video

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Street Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Christmas Card From A Hooker In Minneapolis
    -Tom Waits

    hey charlie i'm pregnant
    and living on the 9th street
    right above a dirty bookstore
    off euclid avenue

    and i stopped takin dope
    and i quit drinkin whiskey
    and my old man plays the trombone
    and works out at the track
    and he says that he loves me
    even though its not his baby
    and he says that he'll raise him up
    like he would his own son
    and he gave me a ring
    that was worn by his mother
    and he takes me out dancin
    every saturday night.

    and hey charlie i think about you
    everytime i pass a fillin station
    on account of all the grease
    you used to wear in your hair
    and i still have that record
    of little anthony & the imperials
    but someone stole my record player
    now how do you like that?

    hey charlie i almost went crazy
    after mario got busted
    so i went back to omaha to
    live with my folks
    but everyone i used to know
    was either dead or in prison
    so i came back to minneapolis
    this time i think i'm gonna stay.

    hey charlie i think i'm happy
    for the first time since my accident
    and i wish i had all the money
    that we used to spend on dope
    i'd buy me a used car lot
    and i wouldn't sell any of em
    i'd just drive a different car
    every day, dependin on how
    i feel

    hey charlie for chrissakes
    do you want to know the
    truth of it?
    i don't have a husband
    he don't play the trombone
    and i need to borrow money
    to pay this lawyer
    and charlie, hey
    i'll be eligible for parole
    come valentines day

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Street Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am the heaven
    I am the water
    I am the dirt beneath your rollers
    I am your secret smut & lost metal money
    down your cracks

    I am your cracks & crannies

    I am the clouds
    I am embroidered
    a am the author of all tucks & damask piping
    I am the Chrome Dinette
    I am the Chrome Dinette
    I am the eggs of all persuasion
    I am all days & nights
    I am all days & nights
    I am all days & nights
    I am all days & nights
    I am here
    And you are my sofa
    I am here
    And you are my sofa
    I am here
    And you are my sofa

  5. #5
    Inactive Member madadman's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,558
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And, of course, one of my all time favorite romanitc balads...

    "Dear Penis" by Rodney Carrington

    Dear Penis, I don't think I like you anymore.
    You used to watch me shave,
    Now all you do is stare at the floor.
    Oh dear Penis, I don't like you anymore.

    It used to be you and me, a paper towel and a dirty magazine.
    That's all we needed to get by.
    Now it seems things have changed, and I think that you're the one to blame.
    Dear Penis, I don't like you anymore

    (He sings)

    Dear Rodney, I don't think I like you anymore.
    'Cause when you get to drinkin',
    You put me places I've never been before.
    Dear Rodney, I don't like you anymore.

    Why can't we just get a grip
    On our man-to-hand relationship
    And come to terms with truly how we feel?

    If we put our heads together,
    We'd just stay home forever.
    Dear Penis, I think I like you afterall.
    Oh and Rodney, while you're shaving, shave my balls.

    [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "Nobody's Driving" by Amebix,
    off of 1987's "Monolith" album.

    I awoke in a sweat from the American Dream
    They were loading the bomb bay of the iron bird
    Giving their blood to the Doomsday Machine
    I screamed into the wind my goodbye to the world

    It was dark in the desert so we walked through the night
    The vessel was waiting where we had been led
    An awesome machine to tear through the sky
    The last exodus from the land of the dead

    [Chorus:]
    We are swimming in the lunar sea
    Drowning in insanity
    Look to the shore you will see
    Your leaders were lying
    Nobody's driving!

    Upon the horizon is the earth I once knew
    Now a red ball of light suspended in space
    So we erected a stone on the shore of the sea
    As a grim epitaph to the lost human race

    [Repeat first verse]

    [Chorus:]
    We are swimming in the lunar sea
    Drowning in insanity
    Between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Our world is dying
    And nobody's driving!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">also, "Coming Home", same group, same LP.

    I just buried a friend
    He had come to the end
    But I can't help feeling that it needn't have been
    Caught in the flak
    There was no turning back
    So he gave up his life for some psychopath's dream

    So we're leaving the front
    Having taken the brunt
    Now we're tired of the slaughter in some foreign land
    So the leaders of the war
    They fight alone on the shore
    Our mutiny over they are left on the sand

    We stand as one
    We are an army now of many thousand strong
    They stand alone
    To fight for ravaged land to gain their worthless throne

    [Chorus:]
    The boys are coming home

    [Voiceover:]
    I see within my mind
    A vast and lonely plain
    Great armies meet in no man's land
    To clench their hands in friendship
    For the first time
    The dark tide is ebbing
    A mass of tired humanity drifting toward the dawn

    We are coming home
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

  7. #7
    Inactive Member macabeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    2,180
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Beer :30 by the Reverend Horton Heat
    The songs mostly instrumental, but the few words are very meaningful


    Yeeee Haaaa!!!!!

    Party!
    Get naked!
    Buy us beer!

    Throw furniture!
    Gin 'n Tonic!
    Get naked!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by macabeee:
    Beer :30 by the Reverend Horton Heat
    The songs mostly instrumental, but the few words are very meaningful


    Yeeee Haaaa!!!!!

    Party!
    Get naked!
    Buy us beer!

    Throw furniture!
    Gin 'n Tonic!
    Get naked!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The ultimate birthday song. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Shypappette's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hallelujah

    Well I heard there was a secret chord
    that David played and it pleased the Lord
    But you don't really care for music, do ya?
    Well it goes like this :
    The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift
    The baffled king composing Hallelujah

    Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah...

    Well your faith was strong but you needed proof
    You saw her bathing on the roof
    Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya
    And she tied you to her kitchen chair
    She broke your throne and she cut your hair
    And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

    Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah...

    (Yeah but) Baby I've been here before
    I've seen this room and I've walked this floor, (You know)
    I used to live alone before I knew ya
    And I've seen your flag on the marble arch
    and love is not a victory march
    It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

    Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah...

    Well there was a time when you let me know
    What's really going on below
    But now you never show that to me do ya
    But remember when I moved in you
    And the holy dove was moving too
    And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

    Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah

    Hallelujah...

    [Instrumental]

    Maybe there's a God above
    But all I've ever learned from love
    Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya
    And it's not a cry that you hear at night
    It's not somebody who's seen the light
    It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

    Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelu...
    Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelu...
    Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah

    Hallellllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuujjjaahhhh...Hal lelllluuuuuujjaaaaaaaaaahhhh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •